Having ten kids in the house can be a bit of a financial strain, so we have to be creative when it comes to field trips. Maybe some of these field trip ideas will inspire you and help you save money!
1. Allentown Art Museum- Our local art museum has free admission on Sundays and a free children’s art workshop where instructors will help them with an art project, or they can choose another independent project.
2. Lehigh County Historical Society- This is a museum showcasing local history. Once in a while, they’ll have free admission, invite other local museums to display things, and give a tour of the Trexler House.
3. Allentown Fish Hatchery- This is where they raise trout for stocking during fishing season. The kids love to feed the fish (there is a small fee for the fish food) and watch them all jump all over the water.
4. Cabela’s- We looove Cabela’s. There’s so much to look at…huge fish tanks, a fish pond, and animal displays everywhere. All of the fish and animals are labeled, and there are some displays with prerecorded narratives.
5. Allentown Recycling Center- We set up an appointment here and actually got a guided tour. The kids also got to help separate recyclables, throw stuff into the compactors (which they particularly enjoyed), and they got a souvenir bag with a bunch of neat stuff, including shoelaces made from recycled water bottles!
Research where you live and see what free resources you can find. So many establishments are happy to share what they do!
What free field trip ideas do you have?
Linking up with