Today I’ve decided to accept an open invitation from Sue Elvis to answer some questions for the Liebster Awards. I admit that I haven’t heard of this before, but I really enjoyed getting to know Sue a little more. So, here are the questions she posed followed by my answers:
1. What kind of place do you live in? We live in a row home in a medium-sized city. It’s a little cramped for 12 people, but it’s homey!
2. How would you describe yourself (appearance, character and anything else that’s interesting!)? I’m a short redhead who occasionally has the temper to go with that red hair. (I’m working on that!) I can be a bit of an introvert, which may sound odd coming from someone with 11 kids, but, there you have it! My husband is a bit introverted, as well, so it works out rather well.
3. Are you an introvert or extrovert or somewhere in between? Oops! I just answered that in #2!
4. What’s your favourite way to keep fit? I was a dancer for over 20 years, so while that is my favorite way to keep fit, it honestly hasn’t happened in years. My only exercise at this juncture comes from chasing kids!
5. What do you like to blog about? I love to blog about unschooling, homeschooling, and family life. My family is truly the most important thing to me here on this Earth.
6. What is your favourite blog post? (Don’t forget to include a link!) I think my favorite one would have to be So What If We’re Socially Awkward because it addresses the fact that homeschool critics may want to think twice before expecting our children to look to their peers as role models.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not blogging? When I actually have time, I love to read. I also love to go for nature walks with the kids, and those twice a year dates with my hubby are always something I look forward to!
8. Have you ever done anything you insisted you’d never do? Hmm…that’s tough. I guess maybe just the fact that I always used to say that I could never homeschool, yet here I am today.
9. What is the last new skill you learnt? Right now I’m learning German through Mango Languages. It’s also been very educational starting a blog because I was pretty much computer illiterate just a few months ago. It’s been really exciting to teach myself new things.
10. What are your talents? (We all have some. God made sure of that!) I love children (obviously). I’m very resourceful and am very capable of looking at the big picture. I’ve always been a bit of an encourager to others, too. I’m also very open to try new things if I know that I can always change back again if necessary.
11. What do you like most about being a mother? I love my kids’ smiles and their laughter. I love watching my older kids make silly faces at the baby. I love reading to them and watching movies with them (even anime)! I can honestly say that I’m living the life I always dreamed of with a husband I love and 11 awesome kids!
Okay, your turn! I would love to hear some things about you. Feel free to answer these questions in my comments or on your own blog. Make sure you leave a link!
1. How many children do you have?
2. What is your favorite comfort food?
3. What part of the world do you live in?
4. Where is the one place you most want to visit?
5. Do you homeschool, and if you do, what is your philosophy?
6. What is your favorite book or movie (or both)?
7. How would you describe yourself?
8. What is your favorite pasttime?
9. What’s the funniest thing your child has ever said?
10. What was your most embarrassing moment? (Now I’m getting personal, right?)
11. What is your biggest fear?
I can’t wait to hear from you! Don’t forget to leave a link to your blog post, and make sure you invite others to answer some Liebster questions! You can send them to a particular blogger or send an open invitation to all!
5 thoughts on “So What Are You Like?”
I enjoyed reading your answers very much! It was good to get to know you better. I’m a red headed, short, introverted person too! But I have absolutely no sense of rhythm or style so I could never be a dancer like you.
Thank you for joining in!
Thank you, Sue! It was fun!
I’m stopping by from ManyLittleBlessings.com link-up and wanted to say hi! Hope you’re having a great day!
I loved learning more about you! Here are my answers:
1. How many children do you have? 8
2. What is your favorite comfort food? Chocolate, the darker the better.
3. What part of the world do you live in? Ohio
4. Where is the one place you most want to visit? I would love to visit Scotland and Egypt.
5. Do you homeschool, and if you do, what is your philosophy? Yes! Relaxed Charlotte Mason with a bit of unit studies thrown in. 😉
6. What is your favorite book or movie (or both)? Favorite book series lately has been The Great and Terrible by Chris Stewart. I also really enjoyed the Divergent series and got to see the movie on a date with hubby.
7. How would you describe yourself? Average height, brown hair, glasses, rounded Mommy-style.
8. What is your favorite pasttime? Reading!
9. What’s the funniest thing your child has ever said?
“Don’t kiss me. I not daddy!”
10. What was your most embarrassing moment? (Now I’m getting personal, right?) I try to block these from my memory! One: Child with very messy hands left handprints on my chest while we were out in public for hours. Sigh. Wet, muddy, prints. A second: Having a toddler who was comforted by mommy’s skin, so they would put their arm in my shirt to reach any skin they could. I think it was a combination of skin and fabric to them. So if they couldn’t discretely snuggle and reach under the hem of the shirt they would reach through the sleeve or even right down the front of the neckline. It didn’t matter where we were or who was around. Thankfully this child is older now and learned that a hug is comforting… 😉 I remember one time I was at church and an older gentleman came over to ask about something and the child he thought was sleeping in my arms was awake and trying to get a hand into my dress. SOOOO hard for him to ignore. 😉
11. What is your biggest fear? Either drowning or not being able to breath (esp. claustrophobic/small spaces).
Hey there! Haven’t seen you around lately. I just wanted to say hi, and hope everything is gong well with you and your family.