Having a family this size means that we hear lots of funny stuff from our kids…all the time. It was hard narrowing it down, but I think these are the most comical things our kids have said.
1. I found my 3-year-old (who’s now 12) in the bathroom, and she had used almost an entire roll of toilet paper and had clogged up the toilet. As I was cleaning it out, I said,
“You don’t have to use this much toilet paper. You don’t have a big butt!” She looked innocently at me and replied, “Only you do, Mommy?”
2. When my oldest was about 6, I was out back hanging up wash when he came outside and said to me, “It’s all gonna end, you know,” I just looked at him and asked him what was going to end. “Life.” Okaay…yeah, my kids get a little morbid at times, like this next one will also illustrate.
3. I was driving with Devin when she was about 5 when I heard her mumbling something. I asked her what she said, and she replied, “Mommy’s gonna die soon.” I would be lying if I said I wasn’t more than a little freaked out for a few days.
4. Luke has the most beautiful, curly, blonde hair, and I’m always telling him so. A few months ago, he was mad that he got in trouble for something, and he said, “Okay. That’s it…I’m gonna go mess my hair up!” He came downstairs a few minutes later with his hair combed flat against his head in the middle but still curly on both sides.
5. Choosing this one was difficult because there are so many more examples but here goes. I told Summer that she was naughty because she had done something wrong. She looked up at me and said, “But me still pretty?” I couldn’t stay mad at her anymore. “Yes, you’re still pretty.”
What are some funny things your kids have said?
Linking up with