This has been such a crazy and stressful week for me, so imagine my surprise when Pamela from Bee Organized with Pamela nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This award is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
These are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award.
- Write questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
So, first and foremost, I really want to thank Pamela for thinking of me. You have truly brought some ‘sunshine’ to an otherwise crazy week! Pamela is an ace at organizing, and she has tips and ideas galore on her blog, so if you’re anything like me and need a little help in this department, Bee Organized with Pamela is the place to go!
- What was the drive behind you taking up blogging? If there’s one thing I love to do, it’s encourage people, especially when it comes to homeschooling their children. While this is a form of education that has definitely gotten more mainstream, there are still so many misconceptions and outright falsehoods surrounding it that I’ve seen more than one person turn away from it simply because they thought they couldn’t do it, or it wouldn’t be good for their kids. My aim is to let people know that, yes, you can do it, millions of people are doing it, and your kids will thrive!
- What do you define as a perfect day? Ha ha. That’s a tricky one…I think my perfect day is simply a day when my kids are happy and learning without any mishaps such as huge messes or trips to the ER! All joking aside, any day in which my husband and children feel loved is perfect in my book.🙂
- Who is the most inspirational person you have met until now? Wow, these questions are hard…My husband inspires me, for sure. He works so hard everyday to support our enormous family, and then he comes home and has to deal with a wife who is sometimes crabby and kids who just might be a little wound up. I’m also amazed at his capacity to be able to do anything he sets his mind to. He can paint, weld, fix cars, cell phones and computers, do electrical work, skateboard (REALLY WELL, I might add), and even make minor sewing repairs. He’s also had the privilege of helping our kids dissect a cow eyeball that I refused to touch, so that right there made him a hero in my book.🙂
- How do you define blogging? Blogging is my very own online diary that is open to be read by anyone who chooses to. It’s my outlet for the myriads of thoughts I constantly have running through my head. It’s also become filled with a community of friends who may live across the country- or in a different country entirely- but who get me and are always there to listen. This is such a blessing for someone who is often too busy to get out of the house for anything other than going to church, doctor’s appointments, or the grocery store!
I will keep these questions for my nominees, who are…
Jen, from Practical, By Default– Jen blogs about how she is able to homeschool, work, work out, create awesome printables, and how she does it all in a practical way. She has also been such a huge friend to me in this cyber world in that she seems like she knows everything there is to blogging and is always there to answer my sometimes stupid questions.🙂
Camie, from Happy Hearts Homeschool– Camie writes about her homeschooling adventures, fabulous outings with her family- they go to some glorious places, and she’s a pretty mean photographer, to boot! I wish she didn’t live across the country from me…We’d be great friends!
Lisa, from God Is Good– Lisa also writes about homeschooling, but she does it from the perspective of a former teacher. She is a very talented poet who can convey her thoughts through the written word like I never could, and, lastly, as an abuse survivior, Lisa is there to offer hope to those who may be tormented by the same things. Her faith is something to behold, and she is such an inspiration to so many people.
Michele, from Living Our Days– Michele is one of the best book reviewers I’ve ever read. She has such a beautiful heart for God and is a brilliant writer in her own rite. (No pun intended!) Like all the rest, I should add that Michele also homeschools. (Do you sense a theme here? It wasn’t my intention, honestly!)
Lisa, from Syncopated Mama– If I would ever have a twin in the blogosphere, it would be Lisa. (Although Camie’s a lot like me, too, so maybe we could be triplets!) Like the other Lisa🙂, this Lisa is also a former teacher who homeschools. She shares my passion for getting out the truth about what schools are actually all about, and she’s always in my corner to encourage me for those posts that were just a little scary for me to press “publish” on.
For those who have been nominated, it is entirely up to you whether or not you want to participate. I just really wanted to give all of you a shout out for all of the amazing writing you do!
Until next time…:)